Oh Shit
I merged onto Highway 183 this morning with the kids in the backseat. I'm still a little shaky about the accident (and I've never really enjoyed merging) so I jerked a little bit in reaction to an SUV that was merging alongside me.
All in a fraction of a second: Quick jerk. Then straighten out the car. Check for cars in the lanes to my right and left. No one's there. Check the rearview mirror. Everything's OK. Whew.
I looked to the back seat to check on the kids. They were both staring ahead at me, little mouths agape, as if they were waiting for something. For what I'm not sure, to be told it's OK? But Elias spoke before I did:
My little late talker. He has siezed the day. He has spoken another complete sentence, and I might add he did so in perfect context. This makes four original complete sentences now from my little boy:
I'm keeping notes for his upcoming meeting with a speech therapist.
All in a fraction of a second: Quick jerk. Then straighten out the car. Check for cars in the lanes to my right and left. No one's there. Check the rearview mirror. Everything's OK. Whew.
I looked to the back seat to check on the kids. They were both staring ahead at me, little mouths agape, as if they were waiting for something. For what I'm not sure, to be told it's OK? But Elias spoke before I did:
"Oh Shit!"
My little late talker. He has siezed the day. He has spoken another complete sentence, and I might add he did so in perfect context. This makes four original complete sentences now from my little boy:
"Mommy, where are you?" "I want pop tart;" "Where is helmet?" And now the very timely, "Oh shit!"
I'm keeping notes for his upcoming meeting with a speech therapist.
Comments