Introducing Me
I am a thirty-four year old mother of two children: a two-year old and an eighth-month old. I have a very healthy obsession with them. They really are the most beautiful children you’ve ever seen. No, really. They are. They ARE!
Alas, this site will not be all about my children (I know that’s disappointing for some of you). It will be somewhat about my children. They do make up the bulk of my life right now. But not ALL about my children. Imperative: please do not ask me to post pictures (or more pictures) of my children on this site. You know who you are. (Yes, I know it’s difficult. They are famously cute.) What then, will this site be all about? Well, I can tell you what my blog will not be about.
It will not be political. I don’t know enough to go there, although I do have definite opinions. It will not be an expose on my husband, my friends, or my co-workers. It will not be a place to air my grievances (well, for the most part). It will not explain why my parents should be paying for my therapy. (I think all parents should pay for all their children’s therapy.)
This blog is all about me. Me, me, me. What could be more interesting than me? I am very new to the blog scene and am just checking this whole thing out. This is a place for me to write down my random thoughts, opinions, ideas, personal essays, article drafts. I’m trying to find my voice as a writer and this is prime training ground. I’ve already found my voice as a mommy. That voice is telling me there are more interesting things to life than potty training and Boudreaux’s butt paste. (Make no mistake: I have every intention of posting an entry on the miracle that is Boudreax’s butt paste. That stuff is amazing.) I guess this is mostly a way for me to put my money where my mouth is: actually put it in writing (whatever it is) and get a feel for exposing my writing to others, that is, letting you read my stuff. So here goes...
Alas, this site will not be all about my children (I know that’s disappointing for some of you). It will be somewhat about my children. They do make up the bulk of my life right now. But not ALL about my children. Imperative: please do not ask me to post pictures (or more pictures) of my children on this site. You know who you are. (Yes, I know it’s difficult. They are famously cute.) What then, will this site be all about? Well, I can tell you what my blog will not be about.
It will not be political. I don’t know enough to go there, although I do have definite opinions. It will not be an expose on my husband, my friends, or my co-workers. It will not be a place to air my grievances (well, for the most part). It will not explain why my parents should be paying for my therapy. (I think all parents should pay for all their children’s therapy.)
This blog is all about me. Me, me, me. What could be more interesting than me? I am very new to the blog scene and am just checking this whole thing out. This is a place for me to write down my random thoughts, opinions, ideas, personal essays, article drafts. I’m trying to find my voice as a writer and this is prime training ground. I’ve already found my voice as a mommy. That voice is telling me there are more interesting things to life than potty training and Boudreaux’s butt paste. (Make no mistake: I have every intention of posting an entry on the miracle that is Boudreax’s butt paste. That stuff is amazing.) I guess this is mostly a way for me to put my money where my mouth is: actually put it in writing (whatever it is) and get a feel for exposing my writing to others, that is, letting you read my stuff. So here goes...
Comments
Oh, and I know the ways of the Boudreaux force. It is a mystery, but I worship it all the same. HA!