I am going to say yes

I am going to say yes more. I am going to just say yes.
Yes. Si. Oui. Ja.
OK. Okeydokey.
Yeah. Yep. Yepper.
Affirmative. Absolutely. Can and will do.
This is not a resolution. Not a promise either, because I’m going to think, think, think and try to make right-minded choices. I won’t be foolhardy. But why not say yes? I believe I have been bogged down by the negative. I believe I’ve been consumed, like so many others, with the obsession of what I won’t do.
Especially during this time of year, doesn’t it seem that the whole world is swearing off something? I will lose weight. I will quit smoking. I will stop drinking. I will not…

No more nots for me, man. No more losing, no more quitting, no more stopping. Could it be that simple? Who knows. Certainly can’t be any worse than what I’ve been doing.

Go ahead, ask me something. Will I go out? Will I dress up a little? Will I try something new? Will I taste a hot pepper or eat a sardine or suck on a lemon? OK, I’ll do it. Yes. And I’ll try to do it with a smile on my face.

Mom, can we go to the movies? Yes. I love the movies.
Mom, can I have a sleepover? Yes. I always wanted more sleepovers.
Mom will you play basketball with me? Yes. God knows I could use the exercise.
Mom, can we eat in the living room? Oh, good Lord YES. Why must I always say no to that?
Mom, can you do the dishes tomorrow and come sit on the couch with me? YES because I will be miserable when you stop asking me to do that.

Do you think I will feel better when I say yes? Do you think maybe we will all feel better? Yes, I do.

YES.



*photo by Ryan McGuire, www.gratisography.com

Comments

Popular Posts