Overheard
I was at the Flightpath the other day. It’s one of my favorite places to write. I didn’t write so much this time because of these three kids sitting next to me, distracting me to the point of eavesdropping. Not really eavesdropping I guess, because I didn’t have to make any effort. It would have been more of an effort to tune them out. They were hilarious.
One was unapologetically large. He was wonderfully comfortable in his own plentiful skin and he was clearly the ring-leader. He had a cute round face, little round glasses, and thick curls all over his head.
The second guy was Max. He was super skinny with a trendy haircut, obviously the one the girls go for. And the third was Dan (or something like that), the quiet more mainstream type. Behold bits and pieces of the entertaining conversation I heard.
Max: "San Antonio zoo man. Dude, man the monkeys. Playing with tires, eating whole heads of lettuce. You can watch a monkey so bored. Thinking about doing something ALL DAY long and then just, Dude… Give UP... You know, I have never actually seen a monkey eat a banana. Have you?"
Big Guy and Dan: (hysterical laughter)
***
Big Guy: "Hey, I found my afro pick. I’ll lose it again I know. But until then look at me. I’m tangle free and fluffy. "
Big Guy: "Dude I told him, I’ll only do this if you help me clean up and he promised, man. But he didn’t."
Max: "Fucker. Yeah. He is a fucker."
Big Guy: "When did there get to be such a lack of respect for the host? That’s what I want to know. They moved the grave marker of my rat, man, and then he just sat on it. How could he do that?"
***
Dan: "I might move into the Brownstone when my lease is up."
Big Guy: "Do it man, we’ll hang out all the time. Get tacos."
***
Big Guy: "I got an idea for a movie man. It’s about Heaven and Hell. "
Dan: "What else? What about it?"
Big Guy: "I don’t know. I’m working on it. But MAN. It’s gonna be good."
Max: "Dude, I rode the bus with your burned out neighbor the other day. "
Big Guy: "You did? Oh my God, what happened?"
Max: "Dude, he is WEIRD."
Big Guy: "I told you, man."
Max: "Yeah. You did."
Big Guy: "Was he wearing the shirt with all the girls on it? "
Max: "Yeah, he was really proud of his porn shirt. He was going to play paint ball."
Big Guy: "What a pothead. "
One was unapologetically large. He was wonderfully comfortable in his own plentiful skin and he was clearly the ring-leader. He had a cute round face, little round glasses, and thick curls all over his head.
The second guy was Max. He was super skinny with a trendy haircut, obviously the one the girls go for. And the third was Dan (or something like that), the quiet more mainstream type. Behold bits and pieces of the entertaining conversation I heard.
***
Max: "San Antonio zoo man. Dude, man the monkeys. Playing with tires, eating whole heads of lettuce. You can watch a monkey so bored. Thinking about doing something ALL DAY long and then just, Dude… Give UP... You know, I have never actually seen a monkey eat a banana. Have you?"
Big Guy and Dan: (hysterical laughter)
***
Big Guy: "Hey, I found my afro pick. I’ll lose it again I know. But until then look at me. I’m tangle free and fluffy. "
***
Big Guy: "Dude I told him, I’ll only do this if you help me clean up and he promised, man. But he didn’t."
Max: "Fucker. Yeah. He is a fucker."
Big Guy: "When did there get to be such a lack of respect for the host? That’s what I want to know. They moved the grave marker of my rat, man, and then he just sat on it. How could he do that?"
***
Dan: "I might move into the Brownstone when my lease is up."
Big Guy: "Do it man, we’ll hang out all the time. Get tacos."
***
Big Guy: "I got an idea for a movie man. It’s about Heaven and Hell. "
Dan: "What else? What about it?"
Big Guy: "I don’t know. I’m working on it. But MAN. It’s gonna be good."
***
Max: "Dude, I rode the bus with your burned out neighbor the other day. "
Big Guy: "You did? Oh my God, what happened?"
Max: "Dude, he is WEIRD."
Big Guy: "I told you, man."
Max: "Yeah. You did."
Big Guy: "Was he wearing the shirt with all the girls on it? "
Max: "Yeah, he was really proud of his porn shirt. He was going to play paint ball."
Big Guy: "What a pothead. "
Comments
My favorite, "Get tacos."
Dude...
Amazing work!